Cereal? Just Oatmeal? Or is it going to be toast again? Switching up your breakfast may give you some extra energy needed to start the day. Or even if you are a bit busier in the mornings and need your breakfast to go these breakfast smoothies maybe your answer! Watch out for smoothies that are over packed with sugar and calories. It is always safer to choose healthy ingredients such as fruits and other superfoods. Check out these amazing recipes for a delicious and healthy berry smoothie that will be perfect for the upcoming warm weather!
Berry Banana Smoothie
Packed with antioxidants from berries, fiber from oats and potassium from the bananas; this will be a perfect morning kick-starter!
• 1/2-cup milk (almond or soy works great too!)
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
• 1 banana, peeled, frozen or fresh
• 1/2 cup berries, frozen or fresh (Try blueberries or blackberries)
• 1/4 cup oats, raw or cooked
Then all you have to do is combine all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. If too thick, add more milk. With a couple of blends then you should have your delicious smoothie!
Berry almond cocoa smoothie
For this second smoothie, if you are a lover of cocoa then this one might be the one for you! With the amazing antioxidants from berries and cocoa’s amazing properties for cancer prevention it is hard to feel any guilt what so ever while drinking this breakfast smoothie!
• 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
• 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
• 1/2 cup frozen sliced banana
• 3/4 cup 2% fat plain Greek yogurt